View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 01:13 AM   #406
gottattooz

Re: Jeep Trailblazer SS

So about a month ago, I was on the interstate and the hose clamp for the trans cooler broke and it spit out most of the trans fluid. I got it towed home, put 3 new clamps on each hose to prevent it happening again and filled it up with me fluid.
2 weeks ago, I'm heading home from Madkidd's house and I lost all forward gears. So I tow it home and decide to get rid of the all wheel drive and just go 2wd. So I order a transmission from mad dog transmissions in Alpharetta, GA.

My goal was to swap the transmission and go on vacation to see what my new mileage would be. With the ls2 and 4.10 gears, my mileage was 11.4/14.4 mpg. With the lq4 and 3.42 gears, my city mileage was around 12.8 mpg. I never did any long distance to get a new highway mileage.

So here's what's happened so far. I pulled the driveshaft out, thinking the slip yoke would fit the 4L70e and I would just have it lengthened to fit. Nope. A new oem driveshaft is about $600. I had one made locally for about $365.00.

Pulled the transfer case off, and ended up pulling the intake manifold so I could reach the top Bell housing bolts. Removed the old transmission. Filled the new torque converter and put it in, installed the new transmission. Install the crossmember and mounts are different from AWD and rwd. .... great...

-Josh
Attached Images

2017 Suzuki M109R

Last edited by gottattooz; 11-20-2021 at 01:25 AM.
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote