View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 10:19 AM   #12
Coley

Smile Re: Who has a 67-72 truck for their only vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I really shouldn't play because it's not my only truck, but I drive my Longhorn every where I go every day.

I have a nice Duramax and a low mileage Silverado SS, but I have to keep battery tenders on them due to lack of use. I only drive these when I travel and I have been known to take out of state trips in my Longhorn. The picture was taken somewhere in Kansas.

My XYL has a new suv, but we still drive the Longhorn most times.
..lol, almost identical situation for me.

I have an (now older) '05 duramax that I use for general transportation and I too, have to keep it either charged or use it every week to keep the batteries up....at least in the spring and summer months.
I then use my '72 (blue/white) as my daily run around driver in those seasons.

When fall/winter comes....I take the '72 off the road and store it for the winter and then shift completely over to the duramax for the harsher seasons.

The great upside to doing this 6 months on and 6 months off with the '72 is that it creates a really great anticipation every year as spring approaches and I start to count down the days until I put it back on the road again.
So the novelty doesn't really disappear...even years later.

The other upside in this 'split' arrangement is actually reflected back onto the duramax. The fact that I don't use it much in the spring and summer unless I have a longer business trip on the road or maybe some topsoil to pick up or similar means that the mileage that gets put on it is not that high.
Its an '05 and I think the mileage is maybe....125K...which is pretty low for a diesel/duramax. On top of that I don't really use it for anything that is daily heavy work related in terms of hauling or pulling....so it has had an easy life, lol.

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500

Last edited by Coley; 10-15-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote