Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 12:40 AM   #686
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Good job! I definitely need to do mine. My vent window handle stud broke a month ago...so I may need to get a new vent glass frame...but I want black and not chrome (I think) If I do black I only need 1, if I do chrome I feel I should have both sides match. But I may just buy complete new vent windows...but could use that $ elsewhere!
Thanks Andy! The post was broken on my driver's side as well. It broke a few years ago, so I kept the post and handle all this time. Turns out that was a good thing for me to keep because I was able to weld it back on when I had my glass out of the window frame. Booger welds, but it's on solid and I have a handle again! I paid a local glass shop $30 to set all the door glass back on the frames for me after I cleaned them up and painted them. Don't forget, the 60-63 and 64-66 vent windows are a different shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Sparky View Post
Good job on the installation. I think I like the black look a lot better than the chrome. I'm working on repairing all the previous mirror mount holes in my doors, and I'm contemplating going to a 1 piece window instead so that I can prevent the whistles and actually use the mirrors. How much of your view of the mirror is blocked by the vent supports?
Thanks! I also like the black better than chrome and I don't have to keep it polished all the time
On the view, now that I think about it, I don't remember noticing any issue with the view being blocked. That's something that I definitely would have fixed if there was a major issue.
I thought about converting to a one piece window, but I'm glad I didn't

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote