View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #20
SuperBuickGuy

Re: LS compared to BBC

what excellent responses, Thank you and keep them coming.

EFI, I play in that pond a lot and wouldn't have anything else on my 4x4s. That said, my latest one has been a nightmare - but mostly because I forgot the magic rule about used EFIs.... if someone is selling it, it's because they couldn't make it work. I will win through bitter determination and an inability to let electronics win... that said, someone could make a solid case for carbs with what I went through with it. I still like EFI because it's so simple - each part does its task, as opposed to a carb where there's use of all circuits in pretty much all conditions.

Carbs - I live in Seattle, it never gets so cold that it won't start or so hot that vapor lock is an issue to consider. In their defense, unless it's a race car - there is zero excuse why it shouldn't start and run with the touch of a key on the coldest morning. Cut the choke body off? well sure, you'll have troubles with your race car. I'll also say that if you can tune a carb, EFI is easy.

I must admit being swayed towards BBC by the 700 hp point - 700 hp in an LS requires blowers and cubic dollars. That said, plug and play to where my wife could drive it is a strong argument for the LS.... that said, I'm not certain I want to kill her with 700 hp - she did fine with 400 hp in my 6 speed GTO. None of you are making this easy, but you all have very compelling points. thank you again.
SuperBuickGuy is offline   Reply With Quote