View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #254
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwright View Post
Did I miss a post or thread where you talked about that tach? That's not a standard tach right? Does it run off a crank trigger, or the alternator signal? I'm putting a 6.5T in mine and am trying to figure out the tach situation. I don't want to scab some goofy looking bolt on tach in there. I like things to sort of look like they came that way
Posted via Mobile Device
No, it isn't a standard tach. It is a cable operated tach ran off usually the injection pump on the older diesel engines. I have a tach drive that goes on my front cover and drives the cable for this tach. These things are pretty rare and hard to find. There are 2 different red lines on them as well. I feel the same way you do. I didn't want to scab some auto meter tach in there at all. Especially when I fund out about these factory diesel tachs. Here are some better pics of the front of it. This one is a 3200 red line. I believe the other style is a 2700 or 2600.
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote