View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #9
BillGent
Pretty But Evil Doggy Woggy.

Re: House Leveling... yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERASER5 View Post
The bottle jacks he is referring to are just to lift for a few moments to set the piers back up or adjust the height. No bottle jack would be left AS a pier. I have set a couple of trailers. Go for the 20 tonner. Maybe two.

Bad foundation leads to bad results. 67 hit it. Why did the piers fail. A pier falling over is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling. Flooding? Erosion? No concrete? Temporary fix is a temporary fix.
When we had a leaking fridge about 20 or so years ago my brothers who will be refereed to as "Lucy and Ethyl" apparently replaced two piers but made them too tall. It wasn't all that apparent until another pier located close by, shifted. It did not fall all the way over, it is leaning. There was a plumbing leak years ago too. There has not been any other work done on the foundation since we moved here in 1958 so im sure settling has something to do with it.

I was only going to use the jacks to lift it up a little at a time to get new piers under it. Not permanently. Didnt know if I could trust "Harbor Fright" t
o last for a month or so since my friend works and would only be available one certain days.
BillGent is offline   Reply With Quote