View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #39
47 Fasttoys

Re: '47 Loadmaster COE (rebuild pictures)

10-10-2014
At this point I'm not sure where I will put the battery. You make a good point on the seat , I will do that before the pedals and column. If I have an option on radiator placement, would you guys recommend behind the grill with an electric fan or under the cab using the original mechanical clutch fan?
Rob
10-11-2014
At this point I'm not sure where I will put the battery. You make a good point on the seat , I will do that before the pedals and column. If I have an option on radiator placement, would you guys recommend behind the grill with an electric fan or under the cab using the original mechanical clutch fan?
Rob
10-12-2014
Home for good, 3 years, 4 months, 15 days. It's a long time to be away with only short home visits. Its been a good adventure but I'm ready for it to end. Now it's time to enjoy some of the fruits of my labor. I've got a good start on the C.O.E. and now will have the time and a little cash to build it right. I expect to have it road worthy with a modern drive train,modern suspension, restored interior and basically a dependable daily driver/work truck in around six to eight months for around 20K. That puts me in the middle of next summer for a 2 to 3 week road trip across America. I've done this in a '31 Oakland 3 window street rod, a '69 Mercury Cougar and my '46 1/2 ton hauling a pop-up. By far some of the greatest times that can be had in this great country of ours.
Rob