View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 11:28 PM   #15
K5 MAX

Re: Project Gumby Phase 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
I hope you came through the hurricane okay. I'm going to go with 503 on the jimmy I'm letting gather dust... If you still have the old tank would you like to sell the filler neck off of it? Let me know.

Rg
Thanks for posting. My home was affected by hurricane Michael but I fared better than a lot of people so I can’t complain. Roof felt and shingle damage, and storm surge in my non living areas. My shop / storage where the K5 was sat 11’ above sea level. The surge came in enough to buckle a hurricane rated garage door like it was nothing. Then proceeded to blow out 2 walls in my shop. Pushed the K5 4-5’ forward. It took on 3-4’ of water but it didn’t reach the air cleaner or dash. All the interior was already out so I hosed it out real good, under carriage as well. Still had to drain and refill all the fluids from the purchase so that’ll get done sooner rather than later now. Pretty much a total loss on all my tools down there. Dealing with insurance companies now. Luckily I had flood insurance. I do have the filler neck cut off the old tank. Shoot me a pm with your email and ill send ya a pic of it. Build will loose some steam bc I have to focus on house items now. Sucks
K5 MAX is offline   Reply With Quote