View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #254
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: How about some pictures of '73-'87 short beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Yes, I ***** and moan about them all the time. I DO NOT recommend billet wheels of any kind or a daily driver. They look awesome, but they are a total ***** to keep nice.

I have billet wheels from WELD on my truck. I found that I can clean them twice a year and with the use ofa metal sealant, they stay pretty clean for a long time. I use Mothers aluminum polish first to get the dirt and any discoloration out fo the metal, then I follow it with Mothers "Billet" polish. The final step is to treat the wheel with a meatl sealant, presently I am using one from WIZARDS products. This stuff keeps the dirt and the water from sitting in the pores of the aluminum and staining it.

Right now, I don't drive this truck daily but when I got the rims and first installed them, i did. The stuff I have been using works real well. I use it on other metals on my trucks. I also run a set of American Racing rims on my Daily Driver that are not a TRUE billet aluminum. They are a mixed metal base and the finish is harder to clean than a pure BILLET. I treat the rims the same and they stay shiney all the time. There is more work to a billet, BUT plastic coated rims sux big time in my world. Once you get a hole in the finish, they start turning nasty and you can't stop it.