View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #156
SCOTI

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Does anyone see anything wrong with these shocks? Notice how there is nothing holding them compressed, yet they are fully collapsed- I'd say they're smoked Luckily, I picked up a set of Monroes on Amazon for, get this, $6 each with super saver shipping! I love that site for smokin' deals...

I wanted to get them installed to make sure my clearances were still gonna be good with the larger shock body. The pics (taken at slightly higher than ride-height) show just how tight it is around that area- I'm trying to keep at least 1/2" clearance between the exhaust and anything else, so I may have to do some tweaking around the shocks- we'll see. the pics make it look closer than it really is...

Check out Lakeroadsters build thread for his upper rear shock mod. He built a simple new bracket that raised the shock mount & relocates it further back helping to stand the shock more upright. That might help increase your clearance & give you a little better shock performance.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote