View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 02:16 AM   #1
Bears63
...just another truck junkie..

Beatrice, the daily driver...

This isn't so much an actual build thread, more the adventures of keeping a poor old '78 K30 going as a daily driver. First, her name is Beatrice and she has earned it.... I bought her for $500 running and actually drove her 50 miles home. The next day I went to get groceries in her and she quit in the middle of a major highway and I had to push her off the road. Thanks to the guy in the PT Cruiser who had his hazards on and waved traffic off while I pushed! Turned out (after a week of trying) the pickup coil in the distributor was bad. After replacing the distributor she has run well, but my trust was low and the stubborn ol' b*** earned her name. It just seemed to suit her. Well, I sold my car back in January of 2017 and Beatrice is all I have now to take me to work and all. She is rough, she is ugly, but she starts every dang day and takes me where I need to go. We have a love/hate thing going here Anyway, follow along on this long adventure of keeping the ol' girl going...

Pictures:

1. Me the day I paid $500 and picked Beatrice up.
2. First day home, before she puked on me.
3. Cleaning all the mouse crap and pee out of her.
4. More clean up. Replaced the printed circuit on the instrument panel at this point.
5. New and old striker bolt for the passenger door.
6. Striker bolt in place.
7. New hood hinges and springs a few weeks back. Wow, so much better!
8. Shot of old grille guard and grille.
9. After removing the old grille guard and putting in new grille.

Ol' Beatrice has earned my affection and is getting lots of new parts. I will be keeping my daily driver alive and still working on my '63 as well. Continue along on this adventure of keeping this ol' K30 alive!