View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 12:07 AM   #721
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Well with a couple hundred miles on the new springs I am happy with the decision to replace the bags. Not once have I slammed into the bump stops jarring the truck. I did miss the ability to drop the truck when I washed. But such are the trade offs.
I still need to get the correct bump stops installed. I may also cut 1/2 a coil off the springs once I'm sure they are done breaking in.
The shocks have become more noticeably inadequate. I don't know if it is from the damage to the one side or if the air bags worked better with these shocks than the springs do.
Another thing I noticed is the truck leans a bit more in corners than before. After some thinking have decided that is because when I modified the old lower control arms I moved the sway bar end mounts about 1 inch closer to the front. Which in essence shortened the lever arm of the sway bar. Cheap sway bar upgrade. Woo hoo!

At first I wanted to move the mounts forward to regain that stiffer bar response, but I would like to find a 1980's Trans am or IROC rear sway bar for the rear axle. So after that is done it would be better time to decide if I still should move the mounts.

What size is your front bar. You might have already mentioned it and I missed it. I have never tried a rear bar but I'm sure it would make a lot of difference. Especially on a Burb.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote