View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 06:06 PM   #940
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Not much done with the Rezin Rockit recent;y, day job, weather and other jobs getting in the way.

In fact hit a bit of angle iron which slowed me down for the time being till I figure out or get advised on how to deal with it.

Started off by getting up inside the passenger A-pillar and removing the rear view mirror.

Then over to the drivers side.

My back has been fighting me really badly for some time now and I have been referred for spinal surgery, but I am stalling.

Slithered in there, upside down

Looking up the A-pillar and toward the window frame, you can see there is a length of angle iron incorporated in the frame.

This needs to be dealt with, in order to figure out how to remove the frame.

Managed to get out of that upside down position, had gotten the one rear view mirror bolt unscrewed, then used a long screwdriver to lock the 10mm bolt in place and rotated the mirror around it, as there was no way to get spanner’s in there.

Done

If you look carefully at the bonnet of the car you will see that it had started to rain, made me chuckle as the carport roof was always planned this way.

Finally, managed to get one of the gutter bolts unscrewed from the frame.

The second one on the other side ended up just spinning, so will get done when I can rope Sally or Mickey in, to be my extra hands.

I actually gave up with trying to get it undone.

However, there will be more challenges, as I see as you can, there is angle iron running down from inside the A Pillar.

If anyone has previously removed one of these screens, please let me know how the easiest way would be.

Thanks.

Last edited by Grizz1963; 12-12-2020 at 06:13 PM.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote