View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 09:31 AM   #949
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Sooooooo......

Lockdown Tier 4.

Thankfully I got to fetch and load the steel cabinets I had agreed to collect from the @craigrk offices on the 19th, weeks ago.

We agreed to get there early in the morning, get them loaded in the Galaxy and trailer, plus a load in Craig’s ML55 AMG and on his bike trailer.

So I stopped for a coffee as I had got there quicker than anticipated.

Galaxy swallowed two of the 6’2” cabinets, they are a meter wide and 480mm deep, so two fitted with ease.

On the trailer another two 6 footers upright, and a 4 footer.

Quite tall to bomb down the motorway, not sure it did my fuel consumption any good.

It went fast with having this little glider trolley to run them out.

Once the three extra 4 foot cabinets (which are for sale) were unloaded at Craigs storage unit, I left to bring the cabinets, and some upmarket office chairs home, including one for Sally for her sewing corner as she uses a dinning room chair, planning on going back to fetch the rest that were now on Craigs drive as an interim solution. This plan failed as it was 3.30-m when I got home. So we decided to finish the job in the morning.

Best part of this trip?

A take away coffee and Brioche French toast eggy bread with bacon and maple syrup from Mrs K.

Looking at the prices of these roller shutter door cabinets, and the fancy ergonomic office chairs, I would say that my carport value just increased by about £2-2.5k

Crazy.

Now the big job starts......

Sorting through all of my carp to create some order and get the cabinets sorted.

Perfect holiday job.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote