View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #93
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmy 64 View Post
clifford sells manifolds for mounting webbers to chey sixes. if you are serious about building a six you need to get Leo Santucci's book. those guy's in Brazil are getting 800 to 1100 horespower out of turboed 250 chevy sixes.
Thanks, I looked on Clifford's website but only found manifolds for downdraft progressive(?) webers. I'm trying to find mani's to mount sidedraft two barrels, either Weber DCOE's or Dellorto DHLA's. Preferably Dellorto's. I'll definitly be picking up one of Stantucci's books. I'd be happy with 325-375 hp. One of the guys at work was showing me the throttle bodies off his 2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster, and I may be looking into something like that also. The bike is three cylinder with individual TB's so I might could make something like that work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuKasey View Post
well Im doing a VERY similar build.... Stock "looking" but lowered. My Little V8 will "Look" like a stock 283/327.... MUHAHAHAH.
You do AMAZING work!!
So on mine I ran CPP's shock relocators with CPP shocks... It rides AWESOME! Better than my 03 dropped half as much!

Thanks dude! I'm waiting for updates on your build thread! I checked it out awhile back and love the style you're going for- that engine looks great! Good to know on the shock mounts, I'll look into those. I'm thinking about building my own, not sure yet but its good to see what others are running to get ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
thanks!
Welcome!

Got a little done last night. Went and picked up the bed wear strips from Trucks USA in Greenwood, SC (they look and fit great btw) and took the four short boards and two outer long boards home with me to mark the fenderwell openings and perimeter bolt holes. Only took a couple pics though. I should be able to get the bed wood painted this week, will have to wait til the support rails and wear strips are back from powdercoat before I can get the floor back in. Gunna scrub down the inside of the bed with steel wool and CLR while I've got the floor out to get rid of the rust stains on the tubs and flanges. I'll probably go over the paint inside the bed with some sort of cleaner wax to spiffy it up a lil bit too.

Last edited by theastronaut; 12-07-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Fix dead pic links
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote