View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #20
Ericluther

Re: Eric and Corgans 1964 Chevrolet C10 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Once you decide what type of brakes you want (I installed a hydroboost set up, most guys go with vacuum, or the small pro-street vacuum drum) you can usually cannibalize these things from your local junk yard. There are many DIY threads and topics on this process on this site.

If time is a factor for you, and money is not, then catalogs are going to be your best bet.
LMC, United Pacific, Brothers, Summit, Top Banana, and CCP just to name a few that are out there who supply complete replacement parts for what you listed.

I did a front disc conversion using a donor 1985 truck from the local junk yard.
I can tell you that it was probably a $100 or two cheaper, but the aggrivation and difficulty levels included have convinced me to use a kit next time.

Your results may vary.
None the less, as with all things, comparitive shop....find what you feel will best suit your needs, skill level, and tool access.
In the end it has to be fun, otherwise it is just work without a pay check.

Good luck with this, I am sad to see how abused your truck has been in the past.....
Thanks for the info!

Yeah it looks as if it probably had a flatbed on the back and was some type of work truck, I don't know how I'm going to fix that roof, and I'm on the lookout for a replacement hood
Posted via Mobile Device
Ericluther is offline   Reply With Quote