View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #7
bamachem

Re: Speaking to mechanic about rebuilding my 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGG View Post
I have a really nice 1972 K5 4x4 with matching numbers now at about 107k miles or more on the engine and trans. I went to see my mechanic and spoke with him about a rebuild and adding about 75-100hp over stock. I said I would consider stroking it and aluminum heads. I want to do it with the factory block and spend whatever is needed to make sure it never blows ( forged everything) top machine shop etc and preserving the matching numbers. He wants to put my motor in storage and put a stroker engine (he already built that is a deal honestly) in saying thats the only way to really protect the original matching numbers engine and add plenty of HP. I feel like he is saying what he thinks is in my best long term interest. What do you all think? What would you do if you want to add a noticeable amount of power and didnt mind spending 4-6k?

Thanks PG
I opted for a GM Performance Crate 350/357. I got the fully dressed engine complete with intake, holley carb, and serpentine kit with alternator and AC. Complete and ready to install, brand new block and parts with zero miles, and 2-yr / 24000 mile warranty - all within your price range.