View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 09:49 PM   #1
kev2809
low n' slo

donor motor questions

the auction donor i bought (230k) didnt seem like the previous owner kept up well at all, has lot of leaks it seems and the temp gets to about 235 (low coolant light comes on, although it seems full, no coolant in oil.) im definitely changing knock sensors, intake gasket, valve cover gaskets and o rings, thermostat and housing and water pump (because of hot temps its reading), rear main seal, spark plugs and wires.

i own 2 of these ls trucks (2002 avalanche and a 2002 sierra), my sierra has just hit 200k and always reads 60 psi at idle. my avalanche always reads 40 psi, as does my new donor truck. is this a concern or should i also add an oil pump to the list? i REALLY didnt plan to do all this, but i dont like these oil leaks so its a must. knock sensors is just prev. maintenance (changed them on my sierra not long ago), and obviously the thermo and water pump due to apparent over heating. so now this oil pump has come to mind, and i know the timing chain is right there too...........where should it end?? lol

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote