View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: Heavy Machines powered by GM diesels or Detroits

How about heavy machinery powered AND built by GM? The Euclid TC12 was the baddest crawler tractor on the planet starting in '55 (55-68-Euclid/68-74-Terex). Twin 6-71s and two Allison 3spd Torqmatics mounted in a split frame that allowed each side to oscillate over uneven ground. Suspension...what? The controls required were but simple. Two levers and two pedals. One pedal each side for brakes and one lever each side controlled steering and throttle for each engine. Steering was done by the amount of throttle to each side. So it could spin on a dime with one throttle forward and one throttle back. I've herd guys talk about these for years and there's a lot of love out there for these,yet. I spotted one along the hiway on our way up to Macungie this year. Hmmmm.... How bad do I need that?
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote