View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 09:13 AM   #185
72K5CSTDarkOlive

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

[QUOTE=SeventyOne;8578745]8/17-18 "An overwhelming Weekend"

The Blazer is home. it's very surreal to me to see it in my driveway. I'm not an anxious or nervous person in general but I felt very...off...on saturday. Like I didn't know what to do, where to start, how to approach anything - I was scatterbrained and just had weird energy. It didn't help matters that after moving the K5 from the street into the driveway (albeit with a super loud, open header'd, lumpy cam'd, 383) I got a visit from my neighbor...

Now let me preface that I've been living here for a whole year and I've never even seen her before. The engine probably ran for 30 seconds before it was in the driveway and shut off and i hear over my shoulder "Puhhhleasssse tell me that thing is not going to be that loud?" I explained to her it's unfinished, it has no exhaust but it will in the future etc etc. She went on to cite some city noice ordinances, saying when she get's home "she just wants some damn peace and quiet" and then complains about my other truck ('65 F100 with cherry bomb glasspacks). At this point I've said all I can, she just wants to be upset/complain...like alright lady, sorry you heard a loud noise at 5pm for 30 seconds on a Saturday.

After her rant I calmly said, "And...who are you?" then "Nice to meet you" about as sarcastically as possible as she walked away.

For what it's worth I am a courteous neighbor. I'm not burning out, racing or revving the engines, etc. When I drive the F100 I just let it warm up for a minute then leave.

But that bullsh*t aside here's some pics!

You should've fired it right back up

Build version 2.0: 72 K5
6.0 LQ9, 4L80e, NP205
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=793192