View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 10:51 PM   #189
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

9/9/19 - Getting Wired

Had a productive day Sunday afternoon and called in sick today so i could work on the truck alllll dayyyy. Worth it - just hope they aren't reading this

Sunday i worked on more dynamat on the floors and up the firewall. Still going for that 25-50% coverage. I did put a higher concentration on the firewall and footwells though.

Then today I focused on the American Auto Wire kit and getting all the stuff that needs to be behind the dash installed. I had a lot of worry about doing the wiring but once i got into it it's not that bad! Pretty plug and play, and other times you need to crimp some connectors to move forward.

A few question marks along the way - I have one connector that comes from the steering column bundle...I think it's supposed to attach to a post on the back of the cluster - can anyone confirm?

Name:  IMG_4227.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  73.6 KB

Then i have these dash grounds - and I can't remember exactly where they go - anyone got pics of where these go?

Name:  IMG_4229.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4228.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  77.8 KB

Then I have the rear body wiring plug - where does it exits the firewall to go down the frame rail?

And lastly - all the dash/steering column brackets I have don't look quite right. Is this gap supposed to be here below the column?

Name:  IMG_4234.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  102.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4237.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  92.6 KB
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote