View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 01:42 PM   #195
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

9/16/19 – Plugging Along

Spend a good chunk of Saturday working on the Blazer. My goal was to get the firewall as close to done as I could. I ran into a couple snags but I'm close. For instance my speedometer cable was way too short. It's about 68" long, probably for a 2wd, so I found an 83" online that should work perfect.

Got the wiper, rear wiring, and oil line plugs in place.

Name:  IMG_4259.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  108.5 KB

Then I got the e-brake cable in place, and then tackled the heater core install. But, first I wanted to affix dynaliner (1/2" foam) to the firewall and footwells to keep engine bay heat at bay. It's basically a 32"x54" foam sheet that you can cut and shape, then peel the backing and stick where you need it. Passenger side around the heater and the middle "hump" were pretty easy to cover. Driver side was a but harder and I ended up using lots of smaller pieces for coverage around all the stuff that mounts to the firewall. Ended up looking good and will of course be covered with MLV and carpet too.

Name:  IMG_4253.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  103.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4257.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  111.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4256.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  118.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4258.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  110.5 KB

Also ordered some LEDs for the interior lights: dash, courtesy lights, and heater lamp. Once I get all the electrical working I'll get some pics up. Yesterday I also installed the heater controller but I forgot to snap a pic. I love seeing the dash come together.

Going to bring back my punch list for the next set of tasks I want to accomplish...

PUNCH LIST
-Heater control cables
-Radio + hidden antenna
-Heater wiring harness (on order)
-Speedo Cable (on order)
-Throttle Cable (on order)
-Door jamb switches (on order)
-Finish dynaliner on footwells (on order) and MLV
-Install wiper transmission arms + wiper studs
-Install wiper nozzles
-Install wiper nozzle grommets
-Install hoses to wiper pump and nozzles