View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 06:45 PM   #196
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

9/23/19 - Insert quippy headline here

Made more good progress Sunday. Trying to get the under dash stuff buttoned up so worked on getting the wiper sprayer nozzle hoses through the firewall plug and pressed onto the washer pump. This was way harder than it need to be - ended up popping the grommet out of the firewall while pulling on those hoses and it was a PITA to get back in. As always lube is your friend and some vaseline really helped...slide...the hose into...the hole....

With that out of the way I got the dynaliner foam finalized in the rest of the footwell/under seat area then I got a little ahead of myself and threw the carpet in place

Name:  IMG_4364.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  109.8 KB
Name:  IMG_4365.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  109.4 KB

ACC carpet fits well out of the box - probably should have left it warm up in the sun but I'm impatient. It massage into place pretty well and i think will only require minor trimming where it meets the rear corner by the door. Should be covered up by the sill plates anyways.

Then I removed the cowl to install the nozzles and connect the hoses then put on the wiper transmission arms to the wiper motor, and got the firewall wiring gutter in place.

Name:  IMG_4370.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  109.7 KB
Name:  IMG_4373.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  116.7 KB

Finished up the courtesy wiring/switches, got the heater harness in place and started on the heater cables but I need to run to the hardware store to complete that.

PUNCH LIST
Under Dash
-Heater control cables (need hardware)
-Radio + Aux/USB in the cig lighter + hidden antenna
-Speedo Cable (on order)
-Throttle Cable (on order)
-Tap into Wiper white wire for carb choke (buy red wire)
-Fix rear body wiring connection
-Connect dash grounds

Interior
-Install door seals
-Cut MLV and install under carpet
-Finalize carpet placement and make holes for shifter, dimmer switch, + seat bolts, seat belts
-Install shifter, boot, + trim ring
-Drill holes for: CST rear panel strips + standoffs, front + rear carpet strips, sill plates, tailgate seal vertical strips, center console mounting holes

and lots more...
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote