View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 11:19 PM   #2373
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 1972 Chevy 4wd Longhorn Project: Never Ending Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
Has the vette retired to just car shows now? Haha jk
Pretty much. I've literally had no time to mess with it. I always have about 15 projects going on at once. Once we had kids, the free time for the poor Vette went bye bye. If it held more than 2 people, it might be a different scenario. I do have some stuff I want to change on it because I am seriously thinking of doing Drag week next year with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Nice work Ryan. You seem to be in the 'use it and improve it regularly' phase. I'm jealous. I'm still in the 'work on it occasionally and day dream about using it someday' phase. Even cooler that your boys are in it with you a lot.
Yes sir. I doubt this truck will ever get finished. I have so much more I want to do to it and so much I still need to finish on it. I really should have left it in the shop until it was done, but it would probably still be setting there. I can't leave anything alone I keep getting told. I just got my 78 Ford D60 front for it a couple weeks ago so I can begin the parts collection for the front air ride. When that happens it will probably get a crew cab too. I doubt I can swing building another truck like this again. I have my 40 Ford to finish, and a slew of other cars I need to get built. Plus work and a few customer trucks. Blah, blah, blah.

I did use the truck to haul wood for 3 days and took another load of house construction junk to the dump. The next thing I have to do to it is install my trailer wiring, a brake controller, and ditch the little larry valve for a leveling valve. Maybe I'll get to that before the white stuff is flying?
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote