View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #27
special-K
Special Order

Re: Who has Subs under their seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK72K10 View Post
OK guys, now why stuff 10lbs of monkey crap into the proverbial 5lb bag? The way I see it, the Blazer tank relocate under the bed serves as a solution to multiple problems. First, for all of us who still burn "Heaters" (And have loose gas caps like me and my K10...) it eliminates the potential for a real life flame job down the side of the truck after discarding said heater upon finishing your drag...and Lord help you if the tank is cracked or corroded & starts to leak...fumes = booms! Second (And you need to put your serious face when look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself this important question): Who really wants to be driving around town with 15+ gallons of extremely flammable material sitting less than 6" behind them?? The way I see it, by taking the extra time, putting in a little effort, and moving the tank out of the cab you can effectively double your fuel capacity, quadruple your safety factor, and infinitely improve your noise factor. Finally, for the young guys (And us older who are hard of hearing) the space freed up from moving the tank frees up more space that can be put to use holding more amps, more speakers, & more subs which all = more sounds!

Just a thought.
AK
First of all,the tank behind the seat is every bit as safe,if not safer(IMO),than the tank in the rear.The past four decades have proven that there have been few,if any,incidents as a result of having the tank in the cab.I`d be just as worried about rear-end hits (which occur more frequently)with a rear tank hanging below the frame.
The tank in these trucks is 21 gallons.Not 1/2 as much but 3 more gallons than a Blazer tank.
You gain alot of behind the seat area,but not enough for the spare tire that was removed from where the tank was installed.
So,it`s a trade-off and a matter of personal opinion,preference,and priority.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote