Thread: 66 Burb Build
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 11:49 AM   #16
zden

Smile Re: 66 Burb Build

Finally making some more progress after almost a year of nothing!! I did gather more parts while not working on it though. I got a couple of days in the shop over the weekend and got a lot done.
I got the new Lokar billet pedals installed. The gas pedal was pretty straight forward and the install was not too bad. I did end up reversing the side of the mount the pedal and pull arm are on to get it in the best spot. a slight bend on the upper arm lined up the cable perfect. The brake pedal was another story. I had to hole saw some clearance in the mount so the return spring arm could clear. I also had to add a small additional spacer to what was included to get enough room on the gas pedal side for what i felt was safe clearance for my foot. I am happy with the finished look though!
I also got the Lokar floor shifter mounted. pretty straight forward as well. i still had to add the shift rod but that will be when all wiring complete and its the last time i need in the high hump.
This Burb had a painless harness in it when i purchased and I had originally planned to reuse it while doing my "engine swap" haha. When i laid it out and started looking I was going to need to do a few add on's to cover everything like I wanted. I decided to just purchase a new harness from painless that had everything and all the connectors. so far I have mounted the fuse box and terminated the gauges and all the dash switches. I need to do reverse lights and neutral safety switch and will move on the starting the engine bay. I made alot of boxes disappear this weekend and things were installed for the last time!!
I am off work for Thanksgiving week and hope to accomplish a lot more!!

On to the pics!

edit: I forgot I got the Bowtie Overdrive kit mounted to the 700r4 and final mounted the Holley sniper.
Attached Images