View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 12:25 AM   #635
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
1. Welcome to my world Darien Hey at least we are one day closer to finished and driving than we were yesterday!

2. I use a coarse twisted wire wheel on a grinder and that usually takes off the stubborn old gasket material or silicone.

3.Hopefully it's not a problem, but the residual oil dripping fom the bolt heads appear to be cloudy or milky. Assuming you had new oil in the motor, I would think it should be clearer. Is there any chance water got in the engine? I know a bad head gasket can allow water in the oil, lets hope thats not the case.
Hey Brian,

Thanks for the response.

I used a wire wheel to get as much off the pan as I could. Then I use a blade and a scouring pad for the rest. The engine side was pretty easy.

The oil is actually pretty old so I’m not surprised it looks the way it does. Good catch though, I appreciate you pointing it out. I should have changed it a long time ago. I will be way more on top of that going forward.

I was also working on a door and I got so frustrated I was just about ready to quit and try and sell the project as-is. I’ve pulled back from that a bit and found a little more motivation to move ahead.

Darien
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote