View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 02:32 AM   #13
BaggedC10
Under construction!

Quote:
Originally posted by slam33
The weight and wheel base of these trucks along with a high center will never allow you to out handle an M3. 4 link is fine but it's a solid rear axel, heavy front a-arms, heavy wheels and tires and 65 % of the weight it up front. I've done sports, prototypes, open wheel, and ralley, both driving and building. It ani't gonna happen. Ford brags about there new sport truck that handles like a vette, right, like a big heavy sloppy vette. Sorry bout the rant but after 22 yrs of this stuff I tend to take it a bit personal.

Hey, it's cool! You have more experience than I do in racing. Jason's wife has a BMW M3, and he says, his truck handles better. The wheelbase of a vehicle is not the primary factor when considering it's possible handling ability. (The new Corvette has a wheelbase of 104.5"---Not much shorter than a SWB truck.) High center---Not when slammed or bagged'! I am installing a fuel cell, which will help balance the truck more. You are correct though, it is nearly impossible to make a truck handle like a sports car. Still, if the correct parts are used---You can make them handle very well. There's nothing like a sports car though. My brother has a 2002 Camaro SS/SLP Edition, and the handling is awesome!

Last edited by BaggedC10; 08-14-2002 at 02:40 AM.
BaggedC10 is offline   Reply With Quote