View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 12:40 AM   #220
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: 1950 Chevy 3600 - Bumper Punchin'

mmmm pictures... they taste so good...

So to start with (btw, these seem so old. This is how things looked last friday up to today), I made room in the frame for the step notches. I spent a lot of time thinking about where i wanted the axle to land, and in the end, i'm happy with where it ended up. Should look pretty centered in the wheel well when aired out. Oh, and yeah, I welded in about 30" of plate only to cut out about 24" of it.... such a newb. lesson learned.

Then in an effort to get things solid before removing the cross member in front of the rear end, i made what i had hoped to be the bridge. Unfortunately i did not take into account the fact that to get the axle to the top of the step notch, the pumpkin will need to come up higher. you'll see what i mean later...

The next day bob showed up and we got to work mocking up the 4-link. here's another action shot of bob getting his weld on

and the bag mounts...

This shot shows how high the rear would come up in the first attempt.

And that put the wheel here. These aren't the wheels i'll be running (although i'm still thinking about it) but they are only and inch shorter than the 295/50's i'll be running.

Last edited by IvelDesigns; 05-01-2009 at 12:41 AM.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote