Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 06:19 PM   #991
Father&son56project

Re: S10 Swap how to

I’m confused about the S10 body bushings and am hoping that someone can help me out. I need to buy the bushings for the cab only, and was going to order the Dorman stock replacement bushings model 924-181. The description says these will fit “body positions 2 and 3” which I assume means the cab bushings ( front and rear), as the bushings for the radiator cradle are clearly different. My donor S10 is a 1996 regular cab long box. When I removed the old cab bushings, I saw that the front cab mount & bushing is different from the rear cab mount & bushing. Here is what I have on my truck.

This is the front cab mount and bushing. The cab mount has a fairly large steel insert tube that encases the bushing, and the bushing diameter is about 1 ¾ inch (which fits the 2 inch holes I cut in my custom mounts with a bit of wiggle room).

This is the rear cab mount and bushing. The mount simply has a round hole in it (no steel tube), and the bushing diameter is a fair bit smaller ( way too small for the 2 inch hole I cut in my custom mounts).

Perhaps I am missing something obvious (in which case I apologize in advance), but can anyone explain to me what’s going on?
Father&son56project is offline   Reply With Quote