View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #6
SS Tim

Re: 1970 C10 LONGBED project "scarlet"

"The specs on the truck:
-NO TITLE : (If any of you have gone through the process of getting one in Washington state please contact me and let me know what to do. I hate talking to the government.) It did come with two registrations from earlier in it's life if that helps.
-Green paint coated with yellow pollen (thats washingotn for you)
-Longbed with spare tire mount
-inline six 250 (not currently running)
-2WD
-1970 C10

My Plans:

1. I am going to swap in the 305 when it is finished. I will be putting half of my pay into the v8 build and half into the truck.
2. While overhauling the 305 (don't hate on the 305) I will get the inline six running.
3.Fix or replace the brakes
4.get the truck in good running order to be able to drive it down the the washington state patrol to get it inspected to get a title.
5. Take the truck apart and start my quest to rat rod it as I cannot afford to restore it..."

Might be a good deal or a can of worms. If it has been setting a year it might be for good reason. I'd hate to see you get burned in the deal. So I'm suggesting you get some help on this and make sure you can get a title and that any fees are acceptable before you buy a part or turn a wrench. Here in California a lot of vehicle sit and end up parted due to fees and fines often much more than the vehicle is worth.

IF things work and you can get a title then start planning mods.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote