Thread: Helper bags
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #4
jocko

Re: Helper bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Seems like a good way to go if you only occasionally run a bit heavier load on a half ton, maybe even on a 20 series truck.

What do you look for when searching for helper bags? Do you use a built in pump system like the frame dragging peeps, or do you use your home air to pump em up when you know it's gonna be extra work day for your truck?
That's exactly why I would get them - specifically to help keep a half ton from sagging with the occasional heavy load (and probably the only reason I would get them). 3/4 don't need them as much. I'd only pump em up with an external pump personally, at home or at a gas station, usually a single fill located in a hole you drill in the bumper or someplace convenient. I personally don't think the expense of an onboard pump is justified if this alone is the only reason for having it, especially if you'll only be airing it up occasionally for the rare heavy load. Firestone used to make a nice set, or perhaps they were just the bladder manufacturer, not sure which. Anyway, they are indeed helpful in keeping your rear level when heavy.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote