View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #30
bill3rail

Re: Husbands-*1969 C10 manual 3speed - camper special project

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarman69c10 View Post

1.) Hazzard knob... Pretty sure it's busted off in there (see picture) what do we have to do to get it out and make hazzards function again?

2.) Heater core and all components, previous owner disconnected everything instead of fixing the problem

3.) Need a new steering wheel and bearing (previous owner tried to pull the steering wheel without an actual puller .. looks like he took a hammer and chisel to it) so the wheel on there is not original nor does it fit properly.. I don't want to break the bank on a steering wheel so ideas?

4.) White cloudy ring around the windshield? Wtf is it and why? and can I make it go away!?

5.) Original Oil bath air cleaner ?.. like original looks like a tiny UFO.

6.) Parking break lines

7.) converting drum breaks to disc breaks

8.) New dash pad

9.) Suspension... Coil vs leaf

Real nice truck. Definitely looks to be a 250.

You should call every 67-72 Chevy truck parts company and request a catalog. There are others who do not print catalogs and have web sites, so save every one of them, as some offer parts not available elsewhere.

Manes Truck parts offers some good used parts which are not available aftermarket.

Judging from where you are located, you should be able to find junk yards and collect a bunch of needed parts there. Pick-A-Parts are your best bet for cost.

Heater Core, check Summit they sell a Copper/Brass one.

Brake lines can be purchased locally and bent to fit just get a pipe bender to prevent kinks.

Oil bath air cleaner is Ok if that is all you have. I would change it over to a dry element.

Drum to disc brakes is readily done. Two routes to take would be
A) Buy a complete kit for over $1,000.
B) Buy all used parts and convert it.
I took route A. Easier and I had the cash on hand when I bought the parts.

Suspension: You have coil and trailing arm so I would stick with it but look for replacement arms which are not rotted through.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarman69c10 View Post
Ok let me start off by saying hi I'm Lindsay... Aka wife of grumpy old man that just got a grumpy old truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Let's make it perfectly clear ,NOT the wife of this Grumpy old man !
That was cleared up quickly! When I first read her post I thought he moved from God's Country directly into Satan's Outhouse! Then again, my part of NY would be the outhouse her area is much nicer!