View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 05:13 PM   #260
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Kathy and I had planned to drive to Houston this weekend. I was going to fly back on Tuesday and she would make the trek back on her own later in the week. We decided to err on the side of caution and stayed home instead. Will go down in the fall when things are (hopefully) back to normal.

So I forged ahead on the wagon. Everything from the firewall back is in primer and I've blocked the door/body jambs, the firewall and the dash. After hanging the doors and getting them more or less adjusted, I laid down some fine line tape to show where I plan to break the two tone. The bottom color will be Firethorn Red Pearl and will peek about an inch above the upper stainless trim on the quarter and rear door. It will disappear into the trim in the middle of the rear door and then split the trim all the way forward to the front. The upper color will be Millennium Silver and where the red and silver touch on the rear quarters and the jambs they will be separated by a bright orange pinstripe.

I've also started prepping the reproduction front fenders. As you can see from the photos, there are quite a few tooling marks around the headlight areas. There are other places as well, but they'll probably block out with several heavy coats of primer. Supposed to be cold and rain all week so once the EDP is scuffed, I'll have to set the hood and fenders aside and work on other things till I get a nice day. Will probably get the bulk of the underside in Body Schutz this week. More photos when I have some progress to report.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote