View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 01:05 PM   #75
COBALT

I sure hope you guys can work this out. I'd be dissapointed if anyone here hoped it wouldn't.

It's just hard to ignore the obvious pattern here. Kenneth has always been a very articulate person who does communicate effectively, but can sometimes come across as arrogant (no offense - I do too sometimes). Tony has a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT way of communicating. He leaves out details, and doesn't clarify what he means up front (you'd probably have to talk to Tony face-to-face to interpret what he's really saying instead of relying on what he's written)... so I think the signals between these two are constantly getting crossed.

After hearing Tony talk about himself and his work I honestly can say I don't think he knows any better! He's probably done some work for people who really like what he's done (their expectations are probably VERY close to what he can produce), so so he probably thinks he did the best he could based on what he was given...

Kenneth obviously has in his head (and down on paper in various forms) exactly what he wants down to the last detail, so his expectations aren't matching the resulting product. That may or may not be directly associated to QUALITY, but often it's just unmanaged expectations.

This is a VERY common problem, folks. I hope Kenneth can manage his expectations a little better, and I hope that Tony can finally realize what kenneth expects, and if he can't satisfy the expectations then maybe he can help Kenneth get there some other way...

Good luck to both of you...
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote