View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 11:45 PM   #5
junkmandan3

Re: Junkman3's C3500

Maiden voyage with the turbo engine was to the Greensboro show in 1996 and since put 10 to 15 K added per year going to shows, sometimes solo, and sometimes pulling a 29' Holiday Rambler trailer. In 2000, after the Valley Forge show we headed to the west coast with the trailer, visiting relatives and museums in Salt Lake City, Wendover, Sacremento, then worked our way up the coast to Aberdeen Washington, where our youngest daughter lived at that time. Found an engine show 50 miles away, so drove there, unhooked the trailer and did a dog and pony show there. Logging country, and saw my 1st twin engine chainsaw there. Continued up into BC, Canada to the Calgary area, where I hooked up with Gord Cooper......trucker and drag racer with "Smokin' Gun" Detroit Powered KW. He and wife took us to the Calgary Stampede. Back to the States in Montana , then worked our way back east putting a total of 9000 miles in 7 weeks. One Flat tire on truck in Portland, plus 3 flats on the trailer, that had original bias tires, so no damage there. Fuel average, grossing just under 14,000 lbs was 13.5 and oil consumption was about 500 Miles per quart . Mileage solo has been 18-20 MPG for the truck weighing just over 7000 lbs .
In 2010, I bought a 69 era cab and started the changeover in 2011, when hip and back issues hit . More later .
junkmandan3 is offline   Reply With Quote