View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #1388
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

Yesterday I started unloading the crap out of the cab. I need to make a list of what still needs to be done, and what parts are needed to be purchased or found. After I get the 24v head done that I'm porting, I'll remove the box and get on boxing the frame and adding some cross members and my GN hitch. I'd really like to do air ride on the rear, but for now the leaf springs are going to have to stay. My project to time list isn't jiving. I want my 40 Ford running by June, need to get the Excursion running soon, the Longhorn needs finished, and we've got a 68 Mustang to restore for my Mother before June or July. I need 3 more bays and 3 guys. I did find my steering shaft and painted it yesterday. I need to get the steering column in it and start getting wiring done so I can get to a point of a test fire........................... That's right after I change my trans cross member and get the frame boxed. There's a guy in Co who I need to kick in the nads. Hey, just sayin. I also will be ordering some zero rate off set add a leaves to get my axles centered in the wheel wells. It's driving me nuts how they are.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote