View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 08:18 PM   #3
msg

Re: How to place a distributor in a new L31 Vortec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
I rolled mine by hand and felt for puff out plug hole and lined up the t-cover notch to balancer notch . Dropped in in as normal with breakin lube on gear and no problems for over a year or daily driving.
So removing the valve cover wouldnt be needed, just place my thumb over the 1st cyl spark plug hole until there is pressure?

Quote:
I set the timing on my edelbrock pro-flo 4 aspr direction with digital timing light that compensated for not extra timing marks .
I have a standard timing light, hopefully I can figure out how to adjust the timing right with it.

Quote:
Dont forget to get the plug for the crank sensor hole on the bottom of the timing cover or you will get a MASSIVE oil leak .
Wow, thanks! I assume its the red plastic plug in my pic. What size plug is needed there?

I had primed the engine with a drill and the prime tool with break in oil in there. I didnt look at the the front afterwards but as I was looking for the sensor hole you mentioned I saw some puddles on the block. I need to find out where they would have oozed out from.
Attached Images