View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 07:47 PM   #101
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Random pictures that you did not take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I hear you on that. I wouldn't want to find out the hard way either. But it sure looks cool. But I have a soft spot for Impala's. Any year.

I had a 71 Impala station wagon. My ex smashed up my truck and I didn't have rental car coverage.(I was about 21). So I bought the wagon for 400 bucks. It was the special edition that included the worst faded out Earl Shieb paint job possible.

It was a great car and when my truck got out of the body shop I sold it for the same $400 that I paid for it. No rental car fees. My truck was in the shop for about two weeks so rental charges would have added up.

This is what it looked like, same color and everything except mine was all faded but the ole 400 ran fine.

I also had a 67 Impala and a 69 convertible. I wish that I still had them.
That wagon must have had the warranty work (overheated because of a 2-row radiator, and AC in the California heat) done (new, larger radiator and an engine rebuild) and the people just wanted it gone. Those things were famous at my dealership, for overheating. I remember one with a blued converter, it got so hot. I'm amazed that it actually hadn't caught fire.

One of our customers had a '69 SS 427 Impala convertible. It was drop-dead gorgeous, but it was only 3 years old at the time. It had a light color interior (I think "parchment?") and was a color that I would call "amethyst". Man, that was a nice looking ride. I went and looked up paint colors from '69, and that color wasn't on the list. Probably special order.

Curiosity got the better of me, I went and looked for the color. Cadillac "Wisteria Firemist". A pic-

https://find-great-cars.ebizautos.co...-f9113052.html

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Steeveedee; 09-16-2022 at 08:21 PM.
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote