Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 11:47 PM   #307
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Today was spent doing some work on the Dakota and helping my dad clean up the garage a bit and put together his new tool box.

I wet sanded the headlights with 240 grit to knock off the oxidation, then followed with 1000 grit wet sand until the water made the lenses clear again. Ate lunch while the water dried off. After lunch, I cleaned the lenses with rubbing alcohol and the blue shop towels. Masked off the front end by cutting a trash bag down the seams and then cutting out the headlights. Used masking tape to hold the bag in place and cover around the headlights. Gave it a couple coats of Rustoleum clear coat and let it dry for a few hours. Once the paint fully cures (take 24 hours), I'll be able to give her a desperately needed bath.

After that, I started helping my dad put together his new tool box. The top part weighs 260 pounds empty, so we found another use for my engine hoist outside of hoisting engines . It was a little sketchy, but we got it on top without throwing out any backs or losing any digits. We will continue to clean up the garage tomorrow
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote