Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 10:43 PM   #318
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

On Saturday, the c10 Club Georgia met up at the NorthEast GA swap meet in Commerce, GA. It's held in the parking lot of the Atlanta dragway. Starts at 7 and usually wraps up around noon as the pavement starts really heating up. I sold some stuff and made 65 bucks, spent 30, so still a decent profit for the stuff that I had for sale.

The first score of the swap meet was this 60 or 61 cluster that has a temp gauge. It was super dirty when I bought it, but didn't take a picture until I cleaned the face off. I took a gamble on hoping everything will work, but only spending $25 on the complete cluster with an uncut wiring harness, I think the gamble will be worth it. I still need to plug it up and make sure everything works. I'll be swapping parts between clusters to get what I want.

I'll be using the fuel gauge that I know works from the old cluster along with the outer bezel from the old one. Most of the other parts will be used from the new cluster. I will probably test the new fuel gauge and make sure that it works to have a spare.

Also, this new cluster has a left turn signal bulb and a right turn signal bulb. I'll have to figure out how to make that work with my harness, but it's just wires, so probably not that hard to figure out. The other option with that is to use my old dummy light sending unit and plug that bulb into the hot side of the sending unit so that it lights up if it were to get too hot. Might see which is easier and go with the easier option.

I'll post the other $5 score tomorrow
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote