View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #429
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
yeah there mounted in mercedes sprinters (dodge in america) there a little less powerfull that the ones mounted in passengercars its a cdi block and it has an electronic fuelpump , good thing is the bottomend is practicly the same as a older mercedes 5 or 6 cilinder and the old style mecanical pump will fit this engine without any adaptations
i live close to the sourse of the parts so i dont have to pay a lot for them , they dont have to include the shipping overseas , i have the same high price thing here for american parts so you know why i choose this engine now

as for transmissions yeah i would use the stock mercedes handtransmission and use some heavier duty clutchparts from gasolinepowered mercedeses , the automatics are a little finnicy though and hooked up to the ecu , if you keep the electronics you prolly be hitting youre head a couple of times because everything is linked intoo the ecu from the gearbox through the airbags to the interiourlighting allmost and its verry hard to impossible to put a different program into this ecu to work around it
i would make it mecanical injected for sure , there are kits available to bolt american automatics to the engine but i dont have links for those , the engineplate that holds the transmission is seperate from the engineblock itself , starterplacement can be custom made and any trans can be bolted straight up as it would if it was factorymade if you make this plate youreself
What are you waiting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by propanemudtruck View Post
Hey Yeah Congrats! And I'm just yankin your chain You've made some awesome progress on this project and I sure do respect you for that! Two daughters myself.... 2 and 4 and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I know, it's all good man. Progress? You're getting pretty generous now. It might actually start looking better here soon. I decided to farm out the paint work to my old boss. He thinks we might be able to get in next weekend. We'll see what happens.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote