View Single Post
Old 10-16-2023, 06:02 PM   #91
evan

Re: 2wd 1977 Blazer LS swap, mild drop….escalating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
While I should have stayed with the factory ac system, I do like the clean look you can have with Vintage Air so we ordered the sure fit system. They make a great product, though I didn’t like the look of the plate that goes over the existing holes.

To avoid using the plate, I filled the holes with 19 gauge by butt weld and metal finishing the shrink as best as possible. It probably would have been cleaner to replace the firewall on that side and maybe less work.

I still need to drill for the ac and heater connections, fill small bolt holes and support the evap case under the dash by welding elevator bolts to the firewall.

Yeah, I should have stayed with the perfectly good factory system.
Hi Doug,

Any chance you'd like to sell the firewall cover plate that came with the Vintage Air kit? I'm doing the same thing with welded studs inside for a smooth firewall. I'm doing the bodywork now and they're estimating January delivery for the kit. I called them direct but they don't offer a digital or paper template, the firewall cover it's self is the only method they have for locating the 1/4-20 mounting bolts.