View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #102
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted anything on this. My work schedule has been kinda rough. We had hired a guy this spring and split my territory (state of MN) in two, then added a bit of western WI for each of us. I had a fairly laid back summer compared to previous years. Well he quit about a month ago and turns out he didn't like to travel much, so everything that should have been done up north (farthest from me) was waiting for me to do. I have barely looked at the Jimmy since.

Time to quit whining and give a brief update. I did get the hatch installed. Turns out the one crack I didn't fix yet was more flexy than I thought and it will need a repair also. It can wait until next summer though. I needed to get the rig closed up from the elements as much as possible. I have sold another part. I had a bed side that I planned on keeping for future restoration, but someone else needed it more than me. I made a tidy profit ($285) but I hope to heck I don't need it later. I also sold the extra power steering box, but haven't received the payment yet. So for now I'm ahead $203. with a few more parts to go when I get some more time.

I have pretty much decided to find a running 350 to drop in the Jimmy instead of using my short block. It's faster and easier all around and probably cheaper. If I go that route, the $145 I spent on prep for it will be put back to the other truck. My original plan was to make it a stroker and I think I'll stick with that idea.

I still hope to make this thing run and drive this winter.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote