View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #43
cjracing15

Re: Tbi swap build thread

Well I have got a few update pics for ya. I have run all my wires, mounted the computer, I have even tested the fuel pump in the tank and ses light to see if it worked. Well as soon as I hooked the battery back up the fuel pump relay clicked on so first test done. Then I put a hose from the tank into a bucket and hooked the fuel pump wire and a ground wire. Then I hooked up the ses wire ( I am going to use the old choke light for the ses light because I will not need a choke light anymore). Well I took a deep breath with my dad watching the the bucket that I had the hose in and turn the key to the on position. To my delight the ses light came on like it was suppose to and dad said that the pump came on for about 3 sec's and shut off.

So my next project is to run the F.I. fuel lines and install the other tank and see what happens.

Here are a few pics that I took for every-one.

1st. pic Is the computer monted under the dash and the wires run to it.
2nd. pic Is the fuel pump relay mounted on the fire wall.
3rd pic is the fuel pump pump plate that I stole off of the suburban. Had to take off one side of the accs brackets to take the pump off.

The last two are of all the wires run on the engine and, I stuck the breather up there just to see how it would look. After I repaint it I think it will look stock, witch is what I am going for.

I am going to start on the fuel lines Monday and I will update with pics later next week.

Stay tune.
Attached Images

1977 SWB stepside
1949 Chevy truck