View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 10:57 PM   #340
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
Hey Chris, QQ -- how much suspension travel do you have at ride height with the no limit chassis? TIA!
Hey man, so sorry for the late reply. July was a very busy work month for me. Trying to get caught back up on things. On the front's I've got a little over 2" and the back closer to 3" travel in the compression direction. Both using 5.2" stroke shocks. I've got the setup so the shocks are close to the sweet spot on stroke (i.e. the center).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellaciousA View Post
Question for you Chris, how much clearance do you have on the front coil springs to the shock plates? I have a no limit frame like you only i got viking double adjustables instead of ride techs. I have only about a 16th of an inch clearance and im worried it will make contact while driving.

Im no where near your progress but i really appreciate how thorough you are with what you post.
Hey man, I think I know which clearance you are talking about, but wanted to post a pic to be sure. See the area where the red arrow is pointed in the pic below. Is that the clearance you are talking about? What I found is the coil-overs must be installed in the position I've got them in, i.e. the rod end on the shock shaft must be down and on the A-arm. Otherwise the coil sits too high and hits the shock tower when the suspension is loaded up. The other thing is spring length. If you have too long of a spring the spring could be sitting up really high on the shock body. That would cause the same clearance issue.

Name:  IMG_1556.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  75.1 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote