View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #35
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Oooooppps.

Double post.

Have a random penance pic.

May have found a previous owner from a long time ago.

Below some comments from him.

[font size="3"][font color="e62b19"]Did that come from a guy in Kent? It looks like one I had years ago. Also 2WD

Not sure Rian long time ago sold to a guy in kent and never seen since it was original 2wd from California was all in primer apart from removable top in cream, i had a heavy duty tow bar welded on as used to pull large trailer pulling yanks from Belgium, have a pic will try and find, same grill though.

As I said not sure if that's the same one but looks like it, but i remember when i registered mine i had to take it to Ashford kent for some reason to have it checked always had mine done local, verry hard to find in original 2wd today, the only reason i sold it i had a 70 3 door suburban from Texas arrive couple months later.[/font][/font]

Take two.

iPad 1 Grizz 0

Been a busy week, and tonight I had a report deadline, after a conversation with my new manager, we booked a half day for Thursday so that he could help me understand the process and activity to deliver a new monthly report, which all his reportees think is a waste of time, but hey..... what do we know?

So at 6pm before light failedI went to the garage and lifted the Blazer up high.

Remember this piece?

Clamped in.

Done.

Good enough for me.

Glued in place.

Then the seam sealer, thinking it would be the end of the day.

But of course not, Ehhh?

900mm of welding done in the dark, using an LED torch to show me where to go.......

Bird poop welding on the inner sill panel, without a doubt,

Grinding back in the morning, and some seam sealer later.

This is not at all structural but needed to be done.

Kraken Rum no 2 is history too, so gp era near bedtime for me.

I am also almost out of gas, and interestingly, Imam getting a free delivery from Sam tomorrow.

Old skool service with a smile.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote