View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 04:35 PM   #36
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

I texted my welding gas supply guy well after hours on Friday evening and he replied that he would have a new bottle of Argon/CO2 gas delivered on Saturday morning,by 08.00 I had a call to say the gas would be here by 09.00
True to his word, Steve was here on time, retired mechanic and general nice guy who works three days a week as volunteer at the British Heart Foundation furniture shop and then does deliveries for Sam in exchange for beer tokens, likes three sugars in his tea, we ended up chatting for an hour before I kicked him out and headed to the garage.

Saturday saw some side panel action.

Based on this photoshop, it may be a bit bright, so in the back of my head there is a plan involving some satin black paint and masking tape......

Just to reduce the eye searingly red of the carpet.

I cut small scross slots in the carpet that would be invisible, but allow a screwdriver tip in, to secure the screws to the bedsides.

Spray glue, bought cheaply at a Bootfair last year or longer agoworked beautifully

Mickey came around to give a hand on the mounting job and photo credits to him.

Really pleased with how it turned out.

In the mean time, the original importer in 2004 of the Blazer sent me this photo.

His computer with all photos was stolen a few years ago, so evidence is scarce.

Originally a California truck,it came into the U.K. in primer and a white canopy.

Once started on the truck, my first job was to get the welding ground back just a little bit on the underside, then added another coat of weld through primer on all surfaces.

Through the day, Harley was on QC duty, and also vermin patrol.

She catches and releases (usually the release is live, and indoors)

On a trip up to the house, I saw her in the “I got one” position next to a garden bed, and found this little guy there, playing possum

Friend PaulF sent this pic yesterday.

More on the welding up of the floor later, time for tea and toast now.

I had a deadline of 5.30 yesterday, as I had a dinner date, the kind where you shave and shower and put on clean clothes for a Lady.

Really.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote