View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #5
kansasc10

Re: Welding fumes from 2 car garage

My question stems from wanting to keep my wife and kids safe. While I think they are perfectly fine being so far away, my wife thinks differently so I wanted to see others opinions. I normally open the garage door but with the temps hitting -20 this week and last, that just wasn't an option. I myself am perfectly fine and have no sensitivity to any of it and have been welding and grinding for years while using a respirator when grinding and staying out of the smoke stream when welding, welding on clean metal, staying away from galvanized etc. But now that I have kids, I figured I better look into it a little more. The good news is the weather is on the rebound so I can adequately vent to the atmosphere again but this is all great info for the future. I think im going to install some ducts in my garage hooked to an exhaust fan with a hepa filter and try to vent fumes through there. It'll double as a ventilator for when painting as well and hopefully keep me out of the dog house no matter what project I happen to be tackling
kansasc10 is offline   Reply With Quote