View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #37
_Ogre

Re: 1959 Fleetside REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1967 View Post
yes. I have discited to run the trans lines and a tube to chase wire throught the frame before boxing. Kindof like conduit in a wall.
if you run the trans cooler lines straight forward from the trans you can do it all in steel lines
the little bit of twist in the lines from the motor will be absorbed in the steel lines
if you run the trans cooler lines to the frame you will need to add flex lines and a lot more bends

my trans cooler lines run straight forward from the trans right next to the oil pan.
makes for an easy run out of all steel lines, that is how the oem's run them

as for the conduit, i ran 1/2'' pvc pipe from the center of the cab back to the rear of the frame
it made for a good looking wiring job, no wire ties holding all the rear wires in place
i ran the bundle of wires low out thru the firewall behind my remote mc reservoir.
it's not east to see (white tube), but it starts right before the factory x-member and exits out the back

all my motor wire run thru the recess for the distributor, this keeps the firewall clean
i had to p[ut the recess in for the 2 big plugs out the back of the big cap hei distributor.
what you don't see is the big 3/4'' ramjet wire harness run thru the firewall behind the distributor

i wish i had thought to run a conduit to the front thru the frame, but i didn't
instead i ran it thru the gray flex conduit next to my heater/ac hoses on the left side
it kept the firewall and inner fenders free of distractions, and the ezwire harness had plenty of wire length
to go from the panel on the left side to the conduit on the right side and to the left headlites

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote